Did you know that in happiness is a choice? Did you also know that in order to be happy, we must first let go of the ego? I know, easier said than done, right? After all, ego is in our nature, so how do we do it? I talk about this in this week's Mondays with Maya video below.
Do You Want to be Happy? - Mondays with Maya
We must consciously try to overcome the need to always be right, which is one of the main things out ego makes us do. It always wants to come out on top. If we decide to let it go, we can let happiness flow. So, let it go!
There are also things we can do to be happy and stay happy, using the tools from Kundalini yoga. There is a practice we have to cultivate. Here's how you do it: -
- Put the hands together, fingers wide apart, and fold the middle fingers down.
- Keep the arms in a 60-degree angle, bent at the elbow.
- One tenth of the eyes are open.
- Inhale, and on an exhale with a monotone voice chant, "Sat nam, sat nam, sat nam, sat nam, sat nam, sat nam, wahe guru."
- You can carry on for 5 minutes, 7 minutes, 11 minutes, however long you want!
Try it and let me know how you get on! You can also try my online class, "How to be Happy" for a more thorough workout specifically designed to make (and keep) you happy.
Love and light,