Hi, everyone! I haven't done a nutritional post in a while and I wanted to start with this amazing little trick for soft skin. Summer is around the corner and there's nothing that makes us feel sexier than having gorgeous, supple, soft skin, and I have just the trick for that.
How To Get Soft Skin - Maya Fiennes Nutrition for Skin
We all know that a little bit of apple cider vinegar in your diet can work wonders for your digestion but did you know it can also work wonders for your skin? All you need is: -
- A bath tub
- Apple cider vinegar
- Some time to spend on yourself!
Put 3/4 of a bottle of apple cider vinegar in the bathtub and fill up with hot water. You can put more if you want! The more the better! I tried it last night and my skin loved it, and as an added bonus, I slept so well!
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of those ingredients that you should always have around because it has so many benefits! Here are just a few of them:
- Contains potassium which helps keep teeth strong, prevents hair loss and cures a cold or stuffed or runny nose.
- Contains pectin that can reduce bad cholesterol and regulate blood pressure.
- Contains malic acid which defends against viruses, bacteria and fungus.
- Contains calcium to help keep teeth and bones healthy.
- Is great at normalizing your body’s pH and maintaining a healthy alkaline state as it contains ash.
- Contains acetic acid which reduces the speed at which sugar enters the blood after a meal.
- Contains vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, C and E.
Benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar for Skin
Washing your face daily with apple cider vinegar can:
- Help reduce age spots as it contains alpha hydroxy acids that will remove dead skin and reveal healthy and vibrant new skin.
- Fight acne, pimples and blemishes as it contains malic acid which makes it a potent antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral substance capable of keeping bacteria away and stop pimples from forming.
- Balance your skin, keeping it from becoming too oily or too dry by balancing the production of sebum.
- Can help minimize the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Remove toxins from your face by drawing them out of your skin, leaving a youthful and clean glow.
Try apple cider vinegar on your skin and let me know how you get on! Do you have any healthy and organic tips and tricks of your own for soft skin? Let me know!
Lots of love
P.S. My Yoga Teacher Training is this May '17 in sunny Greece! I'd love for you to join us! More details here. And don't forget to connect with me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook where I'll regularly share free yoga and breathing tips and inspirations from around the world!