Hi there friends, and happy autumn!
Rainy days are slowly but surely coming upon us and here is one of my favourite rainy day comfort food recipes which not only tastes good but it really good for you!
Rainy Day Comfort Toast
- A piece of toast (I use pumpernickel but you can use anything you like!)
- Flaxseed oil (anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, good for the skin)
- Turmeric (anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, natural liver detoxifier)
- Cumin (great source of iron, helps digestion)
- Himalayan Salt
- Cayenne Pepper (speeds digestion, fires up the metabolism)
First sprinkle the flaxseed oil as a base for your toast. You can also use olive oil or pumpkin seed oil or any other oil that you like but I love flaxseed oil because of its inflammatory properties. Then sprinkle around a pinch of each of the other ingredients on top of your toast.
Enjoy! And may I take this opportunity to wish you the loveliest autumn yet!
Love, Maya x
P.S. Don't forget to try out my 7 Minutes, 7 Days, 7 Weeks of Mindfulness and Yoga with Maya Fiennes programme and connect with me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook where I'll regularly share free yoga and breathing tips and inspirations from around the world!