Archer pose is a Kundalini Yoga pose used in the third video of Week 1 of the Maya Fiennes Mindfulness and Yoga program on how to get rid of fear and is great setting intentions.
How to do Archer Pose
1. Turn to the right, step forward with the right leg and bend the right knee while extending the left leg behind you.
2. Put your hands in fists and extend the thumbs.
3. Stretch the right hand out in front and bend the left arm.
4. Gaze at the right thumb and breath long and deep.
5. Hold for a minute and repeat on the other side.
Benefits of Archer Pose
Archer Pose makes you stand tall. It elongates the spine and makes it strong. A strong spine means a strong mind. It's also great for making decisions. Make your intention and shoot the arrow. Send your intention into the infinity.
For more information on how to incorporate Archer Pose into your Kundalini yoga practice, have a look at Week 1 of the Maya Fiennes Mindfulness and Yoga program on how to get rid of fear.