Cross Hand Standing Meditation is a Kundalini Yoga pose used in the fifth video of Week 1 of the Maya Fiennes Mindfulness and Yoga program on how to get rid of fear and is great for the concentration.
1. Bring the left foot next to the right and bend both knees. Lift the heel of the left foot so that only the toes of the left foot are touching the ground.
2. Putting more weight on the right leg, cross your hands out in front of you and gaze into the space in between them.
3. Breathe long and deep and keep intensifying the legs, the abdomen, the arms, and the whole body.
4. Hold for one minute then straighten the right leg and bring the left knee still bent out in front of you and hold for 30 seconds.
5. Straighten the left leg out in front of you, keeping the balance, staying focused and breathing deeply, with the toes pointed. Hold for 30 seconds.
6. Flex the left foot, and hold for 30 seconds.
7. Make three small circles with the foot to the right and then to the left.
8. Repeat on the other side.
Cross Hand Standing Meditation stimulates the concentration and clears the brain. It's great for your back and hamstrings, is super energizing and at the same time, relaxes the body.
For more information on how to incorporate Cross Hand Standing Meditation into your Kundalini yoga practice, have a look at Week 1 of the Maya Fiennes Mindfulness and Yoga program on how to get rid of fear.