Hands on Hips Pose
Hands on Hips pose is a Kundalini Yoga pose used in the first video of Week 1 of the Maya Fiennes Mindfulness and Yoga program on how to get rid of fear and is great for the metabolism.
How to do Hands on Hips Pose
1. Stand up straight, put your hands on your hips and lean backwards.
2. Turn your head to the left as you inhale and to the right as you exhale.
3. Keep going for two minutes then lift the head and come to center.
Benefits of Hands on Hips Pose
1. Stimulates the thyroid and parathyroid glands which balance the metabolism
2. Brings lots of oxygen in every cell of the body making it alkaline and burning away the acidity and fear.
For more information on how to incorporate Hands on Hips Pose into your Kundalini yoga practice, have a look at Week 1 of the Maya Fiennes Mindfulness and Yoga program on how to get rid of fear.