Sat nam, friends!
I wanted to talk to you this week about bliss. Doesn't everyone want to feel blissful? That amazing state where all you feel is joy and contentment and nothing can get to you? I know I do! I even have a song called Bliss! Well, I have a few tips and tricks that I think you'll find helpful.
How to be Blissful - Mondays with Maya
Traditionally, the whole point of doing yoga is to get to the blissful state. In order to get there, we need to have that super connection with the universe and the way to do that is by opening the antenna in the mind. Many people, myself included, associate bliss with the seventh chakra, and by clearing this chakra and working on the pineal gland, and by making room (out with the old) we can prep that antenna for connection with the universe.
However, it's not as simple as that. We can't have a nice cleared seventh chakra and have severe blockages elsewhere and expect to find bliss. No, we need to make sure there is a balance everywhere. But to begin to get your seventh chakra ready and making the way for bliss (in the knowledge that we need to align and unblock all chakras), there is an exercise we can do.
- Place the hands in a mudra where all fingertips on each hand are touching the same fingertips on the other hand, with space between the palms. Press the fingertips together firmly.
- Breathe in through the mouth (make the mouth into an "O" shape) in 4 short and sharp segments, and exhale through the nose (with closed mouth) in 4 short segments.
- Carry on for 2 to 3 minutes to begin, or carry on for 5, 7, or 11 minutes as you feel comfortable.
- To finish, inhale and retain the breath, squeeze the mula bandha, exhale and release.
For more on Bliss, you can try one of the following: -
- My online Kundalini yoga class dedicated to finding your Bliss.
- A one-week program from the Maya Fiennes Method to clear the blocks and help you find bliss.
Would love to hear from you if you try any of the above suggestions; let me know how you get on and if you have any questions.
If you feel that you need to clear the other chakras first (always the best way to finally get to bliss) then why don't you try my 7-week complete yoga and lifestyle program working on all of the chakras, one chakra per week. With The Maya Fiennes Method, you can do as little as 7 minutes per day and really feel a difference.
Lots of love and blissful thoughts,